10 Home Garage Stats and Facts You Might Like to Know
When you think about proper garage ideas and garage shelves, it's important to understand how garages have evolved as time went by. It's also a good idea to understand how garages came to be and how everything adds together in a great manner. With that in mind, here's a list with some interesting garage stats that you certainly want to know.
1. 55% of Americans spend around 1-2 hours in their garage every week to do their hobbies and complete various projects.
2. Some companies like Google, Amazon, Disney, Apple and Amazon were started in a garage.
3. The average garage door will open and close anywhere from 3-5 times every day.
4. Disorganization in a garage is what causes 80% of the garage clutter most of the time, it's not the lack of garage storage or garage shelves.
5. 25% of people with 2 car garages are not parking their vehicles inside at all.
6. 74% of the homeowners state that parking is the most important function for their garage.
7. 24% of the homeowners are actually embarrassed to leave the garage door open. That's because many of them don't have any garage storage or a proper garage organization system.
8. 55% use the garage as the main entryway in their home. They just prefer to get out of the car and enter their home this way, as it's faster and more convenient.
9. Garages rank higher as a storage space when compared to basements or attics. Obviously they are easier and faster to access, and that really matters.
10. 9% of US residents rent storage space even if 65% of the homeowners have a garage.
It's important to have garage storage to put stuff that you don't need or use very often. That being said, finding the best garage organizer storage is extremely important, and with the right approach it might very well be worth it.